The time demands on the lives of 21st century men are challenging. Journeymen Ministry has been created with this in mind. One of the major philosophies of the Journeymen Ministry is to provide a weekly venue to empower men in their Christian walk without sacrificing another night out at 'Church'. This is accomplished by connecting our men to pre-set breakfast and lunch locations throughout our city via email and printed handouts. Different times and locations give our men the opportunity to USE THE TIME THEY WERE ALREADY USING to meet with other men for discussion and fellowship. Journeymen groups meet weekly.
6 General Principles Behind the Journeymen Ministry:
- Sharpening One Another - Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."
- Family Commitment - Honoring maximum use of our men's valuable time by NOT re-inventing another one time/one place weekly evening meeting at 'church' that takes our men away from their families.
- Personal Growth - Fostered through shared journey, transparency, and dialogue through life issue discussion questions.
- Bridge Building - Reaching out beyond the walls of the church where men can invite a guest to a safe and open place of fellowship.
- Guilt-Free Attendance - Journeymen Ministry is not designed around study books, mandatory reading or compulsory preparation. Lawndale offers (Sunday Life Journey Groups, Corporate Worship, Life Plus) other venues to equip men for further discipleship.
- Fulfillment of a Fundamental Command of Jesus-John 13:34, 35 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
Different non-church environments provide an opportunity for our men to model the love of Christ, so that "All men will know that you are my disciples."
JourneyMen Meeting Schedules:
•6:30am-7:30am - Your House on Battleground Ave (Facilitators: Frank Lewis, Joe Campbell)
•12:00pm-1:00pm - Shane’s Rib Shack on Westover Terrace (Facilitators: Wayne Reich, Dean Harrison)
•12:30pm-1:30pm - Arby’s @ N. Elm & Pisgah Ch. (Facilitators: Richard Clayton, Dee Willis)
•7:00am-8:00am - Chick-fil-A @ N. Elm & Pisgah Ch. (Facilitators: Steve Collins, Tim Day)
•11:30am-12:30pm - Elizabeth’s Pizza @ Battleground (Facilitators: Dickie Nester, Leroy Paris)
Thursday - Libby Hill @ Cotswold near Wal-Mart - 1:00pm-2:00pm (Facilitator:Bruce Hester)
Friday - Chick-fil-A @ Brassfield - 12:00pm-1:00pm (Facilitators: John Robinson, Jason Powles)